Landsec and True search for innovative young companies to enhance the retail customer experience
True, Europe’s only retail and consumer sector specialist that operates across the entire investment vertical, has joined up with Landsec, the UK’s largest listed commercial property company, to launch a customer experience challenge. The challenge will build on Landsec’s ethos that ‘everything is experience’, and is aimed at attracting startups who are focused on enhancing consumers’ visits to shopping centres and retail parks.
Across Landsec’s 16.7 million sq ft of retail assets, they create outstanding experiences for customers and guests alike. Combined with the strength and resilience of their portfolio, this means they regularly outperform industry benchmarks for footfall and sales. They offer more than convenience and choice, recognising that memorable destinations are key to attracting the shoppers and retailers of today, and tomorrow.
Today, people expect more from their shopping experience than ever before. Retail centres must go beyond convenience and choice to become destinations that provide truly memorable days – and nights – out. The effective use of insight and data to enrich the retail experience is an area of growing strategic importance. Landsec helps retailers across the UK give their customers the best possible experience.
Landsec and True are looking for innovative startups which have pioneering ideas on some – or all – aspects of the following areas:
- The information and services accessible to consumers before and after their visit to the physical retail environment
- The range of services available to consumers within the retail environment, including modern, technologically-enabled concierge services
- Unique dining and leisure experiences within shopping centres and retail parks
- Technologies to improve the process of arriving, navigating and leaving the retail centre, including car parks
- Personalisation of the in-venue retail and leisure experience, including initiatives that will engage all the senses
- Enhancements to the physical environment within the retail destination
This is an excellent opportunity to get in front of the largest property company in the UK, and the chance of getting a new product, service or technology into the retail assets of Landsec. There is no limit to the size of the startup applying.
- Applications open on Monday 6th November 2017 and close at midnight on Sunday 26th November
- The review and selection period will run from Monday, 27th November
- Successful applicants will pitch to senior executives within Landsec from December, with final dates communicated to successful candidates
To apply for the True Retail Experience Challenge, applicants are asked to complete a short application form on F6S and submit a pitch deck.