Location: London, Victoria
An exciting opportunity to work within the Commercial team of True, reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Assessment of startups (including meetings with founding entrepreneurs) and their applicability for our corporate Partners.
- Preparation of presentation materials for interactions with our corporate Partners and other stakeholders within our Live Network.
- Liaising directly with founding entrepreneurs to effect purposeful introductions to our Partners.
- Production of documents cataloguing our activities with our Partners to demonstrate ROI.
- Managing the categorisation within our innovation flow tracker system.
- Working closely with our Investment team to drive innovation flow for the purposes of investment opportunity and for introduction to our corporate Partners. This will involve building a network within the retail and consumer startup and venture capital communities.
- Working with the marketing team to drive deal flow and Partner engagement through alignment with digital marketing activities.
The successful candidate will have:
- A demonstrable interest in the retail and consumer industries and entrepreneurship.
- A strong academic background with a good degree from a Tier 1 University.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging, dynamic environment.
- A strong work ethic with high attention to detail and the ability to demonstrate an affinity with True’s medium and long-term ambitions.
- An appreciation of early stage investment and, as a minimum, be able to demonstrate an understanding of the True strategy.
- Project management and planning facilitation to ensure deadlines are met.
- A confident and charismatic personality with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- A strong cultural fit with the founders, directors and the wider True team.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent written, presentational and oral communication skills.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- An ability to demonstrate high levels of discretion and judgement when working with confidential information.
True is a unique global investment and innovation firm, specialising in the retail and consumer sectors. Our breadth of activities across the entire vertical – early & growth-stage startups, disruptive & fit-for-the-future businesses and global corporates – provides an unparalleled perspective on the future of the industry. Based in London Victoria, True invests in uniquely positioned businesses that have the opportunity to deliver sustainable growth. We have built a unique Live Network, including our own sector-specific innovation Hub based within our offices, with a growing suite of corporate Partners.